To contribute to Fountain Tire's store success with technical expertise in passenger, light truck and medium truck Tire and Wheel services.
17 CAD per hr
Fulltime/ 40 hr per week
Duties and Responsibilities:
- · Install, balance, and rotate passenger, light truck, medium truck tires and wheels as directed by assigned and work in a safe and efficient manner; this includes ensuring all tires and wheels are inspected for correct inflation, wear patterns, tread depth as per inspection form and documented accordingly, that required torque specifications are met, and that new tires are cleaned and stickers are removed.
- · Repair damage tires and wheels as per inspection form and documented accordingly.
- · Complete assigned eLearning courses including Tire Industry Association (TIA103, 203 along with required skills demonstration forms and TIA 603 TPMS), WHMIS, Customer Experience Standards, and other courses with a passing grade; this includes completing recertification when required, and adhering to standards and policies as described in learning modules.· Reset and repair tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS).
- · Maintain tire service equipment (including tire balancing equipment, tire changing equipment, compressors/air equipment, and hydraulic equipment) on a regularly scheduled basis; this includes understanding and adhering to safe operation of all equipment.
- · Ensure all equipment, tools and supplies are returned in good working condition to proper location, and immediately reporting any concerns, or damaged equipment or tools to Supervisor for repair or replacement.
- · Operate company and customer vehicles in a clean and safe manner; this includes having the appropriate vehicle license, using proper barriers to maintain vehicle cleanliness, and ensuring equipment and loads in company vehicles are safely secured for transportation.
- · Use all safety equipment as required by Corporate or Store requirements.
- · Support customer relationships by responding to customer inquiries.
- · Assist in inventory management through documentation processes and annual inventory counts.
- · Participate in all safety initiatives, as required or assigned, to guarantee safety at Fountain Tire.
- · Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- · Working knowledge of passenger, light truck and medium truck tires, specialty tire services, and wheels with a keen attention to detail.
- · A customer service focus with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and customers; this includes good communication, and interpersonal skills.
- · Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; this includes organization, time management and problem solving skills.
- · Demonstrated initiative in recognizing opportunities for improvement and efficiency.
- · Basic computer skills to successfully complete required learning and safety courses and achieve certification where required.
- · Ability to consistently lift 25 kilograms (refer to Physical Demands Analysis for detailed explanation).
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
One year of tire-related experience.
- · A high school diploma or GED is an asset.
- · Must possess a valid driver’s license permitting the independent operation of a passenger vehicle
- · Additional license class may be required
- · Must be able to provide a satisfactory passenger or commercial Driver’s Abstract from licensing province on an annual basis.