Our Exciting Work Environment
This position will be based out of Caribbean’s fishing Village Negril, located on the western tip of Jamaica. Negril is one the island’s largest resort areas, spanning approximately 8.5km of shoreline. The main tourism-related activities in Negril take place along the two major bays, Long Bay and Bloody Bay, and along the western rocky shores known as the West End. As of December 2004, the total number of hotel rooms available in the Negril area was 3,638. Statistics show that Negril hosted 28,237 visitors up to December 2004. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design.
We're looking for a versatile Graphic Designer / Director with a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience to work collaboratively on a fast-paced creative team that operates like an in-house agency. We look for innovative, diverse, hard-working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. You must be able to work collaboratively with the production (print, sign, apparel), sales, creative and marketing teams to concept and produce polished, on-brand designs. Projects will involve a wide variety of mediums: print, digital, apparel, signage, and more. This person must have an entrepreneurial spirit with the innate ability to manage projects, people and client expectations under time pressure and tight schedules.
Handle multiple projects, work on tight deadlines, and take projects from concept to final stage while prioritizing, organizing and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Develop, create, layout and submit work to internal production team in final format.
• Scope of work includes all business unit and shareholders.
• Review junior designers’ (Graphic Clerk) work to ensure high quality
• Create highly visual and impactful collateral design strategies that inspire consumer purchase decisions through branding elements.
• Demonstrates ability to lead projects to ensure implementation of quality brand standards.
• Ensure materials consistently convey a sense of quality and professionalism in a corporate office work environment.
• Stay abreast of current technology/trends in relation to design software and hardware.
• Able to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary collaborative team.
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
• Inspires and leads other in a team environment without official authority. Gains trust and confidence through technical expertise and ability to provide feedback, critique of work and mentoring.
• Demonstrates excellent visual communication skills with ability to articulate refined design strategies both visually and verbally.
• Highly collaborative, with ability to serve as a champion for the end-user for internal and external stakeholders through ideation, design and implementation.
• Interact positively through relationships with customers, coworkers, vendors and supervisors by displaying genuine concern and respect for people’s needs.
• Present final design concepts to head of marketing and / or clients.
• Mentors junior designers from project start to finish.
• Leads others to ensure schedule, quality and cost parameters are met on projects.
• Advanced graphic design skills utilizing Adobe Creative suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and desktop publishing.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Key Note.
• Strong in digital file organization.
Successful Candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design preferred.
• Minimum eight (3) years related experience. Advertising agency experience preferred.
• A portfolio is required when interviewing for this position.
• Keynote and PowerPoint presentation design skills required
Who We Are:
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
You’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in event venues, gift shop, airports, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 15 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
We are an exciting, rapidly growing advertising and marketing company with the ability to manufacture. Our products provide a cost effective way for any business to reach an important local niche consumer/business segment. Our products, training and support provide our sales force with everything needed to be successful.
We are one of the largest privately held printing companies in western part of Jamaica. Founded in 2011 and owned by the Mieke’s family from start. All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Employer & its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Employer is an equal opportunity employer.
Ready to work in the Caribbean!
16,000.00 (JMD) food allowance per fourthnight
25,000.00 (JMD) per month accomondation allowance