Operating Nurse Manager for Cayman Islands Hospital
Seeking experienced person with working knowledge of CCSD (central sterilization technician) particularly the sterilization of scoops. The successful candidate will be responsible for scheduling scrub nurses and other support staff to ensure that a surgical procedure can be performed efficiently. Operating room supervisors also prepare the necessary surgical equipment and make sure the operating room is clean and sterile. They need to possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety. Proven experience as operating room nurse required (circulating and scrub). Additionally, to train nursing staff on proper operating room procedures. Other responsibilities can include passing surgical instruments to surgeons, maintaining patients' charts, or administering basic postoperative care. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Medical/Surgical bachelor degree in nursing or master’s required, operating theatre circulating and scrub and Outpatients Clinic, experience in a supervisory capacity role 3 to 4 years’ experience are required.
- Registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council of the Cayman Islands required.
- Knowledgeable in clinical areas of supervision, using defined processes to establish goals and outcomes which reflect systems integration in health care environment.
- Coordinates with physicians and their practice; Assures the availability of necessary equipment, supplies, and instrumentation is established and continually managed.
- Works in collaboration with the Anesthesia and physicians.
- Supports the goals, values, philosophies and objectives of the Hospital and maintains compliance with the standards for service excellence.
$58,000 - $67,000 KYD
The Nursing Service operates 24 hours/day, 7 days/week that will include shift work of days, evenings, nights, weekends and Public Holidays as well as being on-call.
We offer a competitive salary benefits package that includes paid vacation, health insurance and pension in accordance with Cayman Islands regulations.