CANADA PROGRAM: Heavy Duty Mechanics
Scope: The successful applicants are responsible for the safe troubleshooting and repair of various types of heavy mining equipment. This includes Wiggle Wagons, Haul Trucks, Dozers, Graders, & Excavators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical diagnosis and perform maintenance on various makes and models of large mining equipment;
- Ensure work is completed safely and an FLRA is completed at the beginning of every job or when a job changes;
- Perform equipment maintenance according to standards, procedures and practices set out by industry and KMC Mining;
- Communicate updates to supervisor to ensure goals are met;
- Report all incidents, damage and near misses immediately;
Technical and Education Requirements;
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic certification;
- Possession of a valid driver's license;
- Proven safety training and exceptional safety record;
- A minimum of 6 months experience troubleshooting/repairing CAT 793, 789, 797 Haul Trucks, CAT 24M, 24H Graders, CAT D10T, D11T Dozers, Komatsu 930E Haul Trucks, Komatsu 375, 475 Dozers and Excavators in a mining environment/civil construction;
- CAT and Komatsu dealer training, Fall Arrest, Confined Space, Hoisting/Rigging, Aerial Work Platform, Man Basket and Picker Truck training/experience would be considered an asset but not a requirement;
- CSTS/OSSA or BSO (Basic Safety Orientation) or CSO (Common Safety Orientation).
- The normal shift rotation is 14 on 14 off (days/nights);
- Camp accommodation will be provided for scheduled rotation to candidates who choose not to be local to Fort McMurray;
- Monthly living allowance will be provided to successful candidates who choose to be local to Fort McMurray;
- Transportation will be provided to and from site and camp and/or site and town.
- Flexible work schedule;
- Excellent compensation package, including health benefits and fully funded pension program;
- Training opportunities.
- Housing accommodations provided. Camp accommodations will provide meals, housing, internet and transportation to the job site during work shifts.