Reporting to: The head chef
Full time Hours - Minimum of 40hrs a week
Minimum one (1) Year Contract
Skills, experience and qualifications required: 5/4 Star Hotel experience, five (5) years experience in a similar role, references to evidence this experience, A level, or equivalent, managing staff - as per job description.
Accommodation between £200-£300 a month
Duties will include:
· To assist Head Chef in overall management and control of the Kitchen, to ensure that the food department’s revenue and profit targets are met.
· To adhere to company H&S Policies and maintain general cleanliness of the Kitchen.
· To develop the skills of the brigade and help develop people
· Through a hands on approach, maintain & improve standard of product, introducing more variety of menus
· Maintain & improve standard of service and operating standards, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction
· Control departmental expenses including food costs and wages, in line with business levels
· Implement & monitor all Health & Safety and hygiene practices and procedures
· Implement and monitor departmental training & development plans via appraisal process
· To motivate, coach & team build
· Minimum of 5 years solid experience throughout hotel kitchens up to Sous Chef level in similar or larger size operation or Head Chef in smaller unit
· Good understanding of all applicable Health & Safety legislation & experience working with strict Health & Hygiene regimes
· Full understanding of food controls & experience of ordering & menu pricing
· Self-motivated – and able to motivate others to achieve
· Proven man-management, coaching and team building skills
· Desire & ability to deliver quality ala carte and buffet food
· Experience of large volume functions and weddings