CHEF DE PARTIE
Reporting to: The head chef
Full time Hours- Minimum of 40hrs a week
Minimum one (1) Year Contract
Skills, experience and qualifications required: 5/4 Star Hotel experience,5 years experience in a similar role, references to evidence this experience, A level or equivalent, managing staff- as per job description.
Accommodation between £200-£300 a month
Duties will include:
· Under the general guidance and supervision of the Head Chef, the kitchen team member will run a particular sections in the Kitchen.
· Working with the Head Chef and the kitchen team to maintain high standards in the quality of food both as to its preparation and its presentation
· Working in all areas of the kitchen depending on the daily needs of Head Chef Preparation of a whole range of food but with a particular emphasis on pastry
· To observe all Company Food Hygiene and Health and Safety policy
· To assist the Head Chef, to check the completeness of all food and kitchen equipment sent to each function
· To assist the Head Chef to check the completeness of all suppliers’ deliveries and the correctness of their invoices
· To set out, maintain and monitor high standards of cooking and presentation
· To be aware of current food trends with regard to presentation and style and help with new menu ideas and menu design
· Ensuring Unit kitchen is left clean and tidy at all times
· Ensuring that all completed food is correctly wrapped, labelled and put in out-fridge for each event
· To ensure that all completed jobs are fully checked off before it leaves the unit
· To work closely with Head Chef and other chefs at each event to ensure that the function runs smoothly
· Close liaison with the Event Manager with regard to service and timings
· Ensuring the venue kitchen is left spotlessly clean and tidy and that all catering equipment and un-used food is packed ready for transportation.