Job Title: Electrician
Available Positions: 0
Approximate Salary: £8-10 (GBP)
Address: South Atlantic
City: South Atlantic
State/Province: South Atlantic Islands
Country: United Kingdom
Education Level: High School Diploma
Experience Level: 3-4 Years Experience
Skills Required: Repairs and maintenance
Job Posted Date: 2020-12-30
Job expiry Date: 2021-01-29
Company takes care of all expenses: Pre-Employment medical screening; visa fee; travel, room and board and three meals daily.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
• Installs, repairs, and maintains motors, transformers, lights, appliances, circuits, wiring, and other electrical system equipment and components in compliance with electrical codes, standards and regulations.
• Installs or repairs any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment.
• Determines general condition of all electrical equipment, be able to troubleshoot electrical malfunctions and determine extent of necessary repairs.
• Determine and clearly identify proper materials and material quantities for new and existing repair projects.
• Required to perform predictive and preventive maintenance on existing electrical equipment utilizing Reliability Centered Maintenance practices.
• Works from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications.
• Locates and diagnoses trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
• Works standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment.
• Uses a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
• Work of the maintenance electrician requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
• Troubleshoots and evaluates electrical systems.
• Work with trade related test equipment such as meggers, earth ground test equipment, multi-meters, amp probes etc.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• The proper use of tools and equipment commonly used in the Electrical Maintenance field.
• Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
• Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
• Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
• Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
• Must have ability to work on electrical equipment located at various heights.
• Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
• Must have the ability to work well under pressure.
• Hazard: May work with high voltage.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations): Mandatory
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Four (4) years’ experience in electrical maintenance work at the journeyman level.
• Ability to read blueprints, bend conduits, troubleshoot, repair motors and controls, and install and repair AC and DC equipment.
• Ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of switches, transformers, and transformer hook ups.
• Work with and understand blueprints, electrical schematics and job specifications as it applies to the electrical craft.
• Must have experience working with medium voltage.
• Knowledge of OSHA Lock-Out/Tag out procedures.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Must be physically able to lift 40-50 pounds.
• Must pass a pre-employment physical and subsequent annual physicals for living on Ascension Island.
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
• Ability to successfully pass an employment background check and/or drug testing required on the contract.
• Must be willing to live and work on the remote island of Ascension with no family accommodations available.
• Fire Alarm experience highly desirable and/or willingness to successfully complete Fire Alarm training.
• Experience with RCM technology and related RCM tools is highly desirable or be willing to learn.
• Current Secret Clearance.
• Experience with Runway lighting.
• Licensed Journeyman Electrician.
Job Title: Chef
Experience: 5 – 10 Years
Job Title: Engineering
Experience: 1-2 Years
Job Title: Guest Services-Concierge
Experience: 11 – 20 Years
Job Title: Taxi Driver/ Delivery Services
Experience: 1-2 Years
Job Title: Call Centre Agent
Experience: Student - College/University
Degree: Student - College/University