Essential Duties & Job Functions:
• Install, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair of refrigeration and air conditioning systems. Split systems up to 5 tons, Packaged units up to 20 tons and Chilled water systems up to 60 tons, Along with Large Walk-in and Reach-in refrigerators and freezer.
• Adjust systems to maintain proper temperature and humidity levels.
• Perform preventative and predictive maintenance checks as assigned.
• Program and operated various types of controls and thermostats.
• Repair and replace defective parts as required to maintain proper operation.
• Repair replace defective chilled water and refrigerant piping as required.
• Fabricate and repair ducting and insulation as required.
• Performing after hours and weekend call out work as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• The proper use of tools and equipment commonly used in the HVAC field.
• Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
• Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
• Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
• Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
• Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
• Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
• Having the ability to work well under pressure.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations): Mandatory
• Five years experience in HVAC/R mechanical and machine equipment repair
• Knowledge of the use of specialized tools to perform HVAC/R repair functions.
• Knowledge to troubleshoot equipment.
• Must possess Universal licensing for refrigerant certification.
• Knowledge of Trane operating systems desirable.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• The ability to obtain and maintain a Favorable National Agency Check w/Inquiries (NACI).
• Ability to successfully pass any employment background check
• Ability to obtain and maintain a current Passport.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment medical exam for fitness for duty and living on Ascension and subsequent annual physicals.
• Must be willing to live and work on the remote island of Ascension with no family accommodations available.
• Journeyman License Preferred
• Successful completion of vocational education training courses in the areas of refrigeration, air conditioning and controls (i.e. Voc. Tech., community college, military or reputable correspondence) is preferable.