Position: Plumber, Maintenance
Reports To: Facility Supervisor
Salaries: £8 – 10/Hour (Paid in Pounds)
Company takes care of all expenses: Pre-Employment medical screening; visa fee; travel, room and board and three meals daily.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
Performs inspections, tests and repairs on plumbing fixtures, piping,
water and waste water distribution and fire-suppression systems.
Assembles, installs and repairs pipes, fittings and fixtures of heating,
water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing
• Studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations.
Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent
weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
• Cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe threading machine and glue up, solder or braze joints.
• Tests and inspects systems for leaks, pressure and malfunction.
Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, commodes,
bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units,
dishwashers, and water softeners.
• Install, repair, test and inspect Back Flow Preventer Devices.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• The proper use of tools and equipment commonly used in the plumbing field.
• Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
• Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
• Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
• Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
• Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
• Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
• Having the ability to work well under pressure.
• Knowledge of or willing to learn the following:
• Backflow prevention inspections to include testing and repairs
• Fire pumps, piping and hydrants
• Fire suppression systems, wet and dry
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations): Mandatory
• Four years plumbing experience.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Experience working with backflow prevention inspection, testing and maintenance.
• Must be familiar with pumps, pressure controls, sewer and water mains, and sprinkler systems.
• Must have thorough knowledge in the installation and repair of various piping systems, fossil fuels and waste.
• Must be able to lift 70lbs.
• Must be willing to work overtime when needed and after hours and weekend emergency calls.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License.
• Must be able to interface with all levels of personnel in a multicultural team oriented environment.
• The ability to obtain and maintain a Favorable National Agency Check w/Inquiries (NACI)
• Ability to successfully pass any employment background check and/or drug testing required on the contract.
Able to pass a pre-employment physical and subsequent annual physicals
required to live and work at a remote location with limited medical
• Willing to live and work on the remote island of Ascension with no family accommodations available.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Passport and applicable Visa
- Certified in the testing of backflow preventers.
- Experience in Wastewater treatment plant and lift station.
- Experience working with Fire Sprinkler systems inspections testing and maintenance.