Essential Duties & Job Functions:
• Repairs, rebuilds, or overhauls major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses, trucks, or tractors.
• Performs generalized maintenance on equipment as required.
• Diagnoses the source of trouble and determines the extent of repairs required.
• Repairs, rebuilds, and maintains various types of motor vehicles and related equipment including but not limited to engines, drivelines, brakes, pumping assemblies, and hydraulic systems.
• Replaces worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts; grinds and adjusts valves; rebuilds carburetors; overhauls transmissions.
• Repairs fuel injection systems, lighting systems, ignition systems, and other vehicle systems.
• Operates vehicles, trucks and equipment to facilitate maintenance or repair actions.
• Serves as Fuel/Re-Supply Barge augmentee
• Performs troubleshooting and installation of parts using current computer based analyzers and software.
• Performs duties for the Emergency Response Team as required.
• Performs nominal maintenance on shop equipment and maintains cleanliness of shop areas as required.
• Performs related work as assigned.
• Automotive repair practices and techniques
• The use of hand and power tools commonly used in the auto body trade.
• Good reasoning skills
• Troubleshooting and repairing engine assemblies, clutch assemblies, brakes, hydraulic systems, drive trains, transmissions, and electrical systems
• Quickly and accurately diagnose issues.
• Performing basic mathematic equations.
• Understanding and following directions.
• Ability to work cooperatively and safely with others on common projects.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Successful completion of a formal motor vehicle mechanic apprenticeship.
• A combination of equivalent training and experience may be substituted for formal apprenticeship.
• Five (5) years’ experience with heavy construction.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
• Ability to successfully pass any employment background check and/or drug testing required on the contract
• Ability to obtain and maintain a current Passport and travel Visa if needed.
• Must be able to pass a physical fitness exam in accordance with your position.
• Previous experience working on a military installation.
• Previous experience working in a remote location.
The successful candidate’s salary will depend upon qualifications and previous experience. Free Accommodation, Food (3 meals per day) and Round trip passage to home of record after completion of a 1-year contract.
Must have a valid Passport/Visa minimum of 18 months. Should not have any major offences with any law enforcement agency.