Position: Operator / Mechanic
Type Of Position: - Full Time (One year contract)
Summary/General Description Of Job:
The Power Plant Operator/Mechanic operates equipment that produces electricity as well as implement solutions to any problems that may arise. A power plant operator handles maintenance, troubleshooting and safety issues.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Operate utility plant equipment in automatic or manual (off normal) operations.
- Record and analyze operating parameters making changes and repairs as needed and notifying the Supervisor of abnormal conditions.
- Assist mechanic with the repair and rebuild of equipment.
- Provide for servicing of engines, change oil, filters, repair leaks and other minor repair operation as qualified to perform.
- Perform required testing and adjustment of equipment to meet required standards.
- Wipe down equipment, clean work areas.
- Use mechanic hand tools, operate valves, handle fuel, oils, and other liquids.
- US Citizenship not required for this position.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The proper use of tools and equipment commonly used in the relevant trade field.
- Accurately interpreting manuals, specifications and procedures.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- LLC safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with LLC Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Having the ability to work well under pressure.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- Must have basic knowledge of hand tools and equipment used in the trade.
- Ability to effectively read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs assisted.
- Ability to successfully pass any employment background check.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and subsequent annual physicals to live and work on the remote island of Ascension with limited medical facilities available.
- One (1) year experience or equivalent in a Power Plant.
The successful candidate’s salary will depend upon qualifications and previous experience. Free Accommodation, Food (3 meals per day) and Round trip passage to home of record after completion of a 1-year contract.
Must have a valid Passport/Visa minimum of 18 months. Should not have any major offences with any law enforcement agency.