RN - Registered Nurse
Job Title: RN - Registered Nurse
Available Positions: 5
Approximate Salary: $31.00 (USD)
Country: United States
Education Level: Associates
Experience Level: 1-2 Years of Experience
Skills Required: Nursing/Medical Support
Job Posted Date: 2021-04-01
Job expiry Date: 2021-05-01
MUST ALREADY BE IN THE US
Supervised by: Director of Clinical Services/Executive Director/Administrator
Positions Supervised: Hospice Aides
Interrelationships: Patients, family, IDG and other health care team members
To provide nursing care to the terminally ill Hospice patient as needed. To provide assistance and understanding to the family in the home care situation and in time of bereavement. To work as a member of the Hospice team in providing Hospice care.
Educational/Degree: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
Training/Licensure: Currently licensed as a registered nurse to practice in the state.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Ability to work independently, make accurate, and at times, quick
judgments. Ability to supervise others appropriately. Ability to respond appropriately to crisis outside of a hospital setting.
Acceptance of and adaptability to different social, racial, cultural and religious modes. Completes Hospice training program.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience as a registered nurse, preferred.
Active patient contact within past three years, preferred.
Requires considerable physical effort most of the day including kneeling, squatting, reaching, twisting, climbing, walking, exposure to temperature and humidity changes and maximal assist in lifting and/or transferring of a 100 pound patient. Must possess sight/hearing senses or use appropriate adaptive devices that will enable senses to function at a level required to meet the essential duties of the position. Must provide evidence of annual TB test and other state-required tests or examinations.
Must be able to work independently, make judgments based on assessments and data available and act accordingly. Must be flexible, innovative and possess good interpersonal skills. Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress and demonstrate emotional stability.
Be able to tolerate exposure to elements including, but not limited to, odors, blood, body fluids and excrements, adverse environmental conditions and hazardous materials.
Must have a current valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance and reliable transportation.
1. Regularly assesses and reassesses the nursing needs of the Hospice patient.
2. Provides dietary counseling.
3. Pass Medications as ordered by the Physician.
4. Take Verbal orders from Physicians.
5. Order Medications from Hospice contracted pharmacy.
6. Provides Hospice nursing services, treatments and preventive procedures.
7. Initiates nursing procedures appropriate for the patient's Hospice care and safety.
8. Accepts responsibility for coordinating care of the patients in the unit and providing direct care to the patient as appropriate. Provides adequate information at shift change so that the care of the patient is seamless as possible and families are provided with consistent information.
9. Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and Director of Clinical Services/RN Case Manager any unexpected changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition so that members of the IDT are aware of the patient's current condition.
10. Teaches, supervises and counsels the Hospice patient and family members about providing care for the patient.
11. Supervises and trains other nursing service personnel.
12. Admits patients to Hospice Services that arrive at the IPU during his/her shift and develops the Initial Plan of Care with the patient/family.
13. Performs specific nursing procedures as needed (e.g., treatments, management of symptoms) following doctor's orders.
14. Attends team conferences when requested.
15. Maintains records as required by Hospice.
16. Follows the policies and procedures of Hospice. Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient-related information in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
17. Always communicates to the Director of Clinical Services or the Executive Director if unable to meet a patient's need or perform a procedure.
18. Participates in on-call system and is responsible for providing on-call coverage when unavailable for assigned duties.
19. Maintain skills and knowledge.
20. Assists the CNA's with ADL's and Feeding Patients.
21. Coordinates the implementation of the plan of care for patients residing in SNF, NF, ALF or PCH.
22. Organizes work schedule and utilizes time management to be able to attend all required meetings.
23. Complies with agency infection control policies and protocols.
24. Assist with orientation, teaching and training as requested.
25. Pronounces patients at time of death and assists in Post-mortem.
26. Does Supervisory visits on CNA's.
27. Performs Competencies on LPN's and CNA's
28. Does inventory check off supplies weekly in the IPU and informs the PCC.
29. Gives report to Medical Director during rounds.
30. Other duties as assigned by Director of Clinical Services or Executive Director.
We do 12hr shifts including weekends and provide housing assistance nearby. Housing will be shared common space with private bedrooms. Employee will be required to pay approximately $500.00 per month towards rent and share utilities among each other. Utilities should be somewhere around $150.00 per month. Transportation to and from work should be approximately $60.00 per week.
Job Title: Tourism
Experience: 5 – 10 Years
Job Title: Management
Experience: 11 – 20 Years
Job Title: Journalism
Experience: 1-2 Years
Job Title: Engineering
Experience: 3-4 Years
Job Title: Education/Social Services
Experience: 3-4 Years
Job Title: Customer Service Rep
Experience: 5 – 10 Years