The professional Sous Chef will be the second in command in the kitchen, following the Executive Chef’s specifications and guidelines.
The successful candidate will employ their culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing customers’ satisfaction.
Duration of Contract - three years (renewable by mutual agreement)
21 Days holiday and paid sick leave as per Qatar Labor Law
Medical insurance included
Accommodation provided for duration of contract. Shared staff house with shared communal facilities
• Experience as a Sous Chef
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
• Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
• Familiar with industry’s best practices
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs
• Degree in Culinary science or related certificate would be a plus
• Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
• Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
• Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
• Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
• Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
• Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
• Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
• Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
As the first Jamaican restaurant in Qatar, the concept is to offer authentic, high quality Jamaican food – introducing more people to the tastes of Jamaica!
They are looking for a team of experienced, motivated and enthusiastic people to join them and help to achieve their vision.
You bring your passion and motivation for sharing the Jamaican experience with the residents of Qatar and in return they offer:
• Full immigration support to relocate to Qatar
• Competitive, tax-free salary packages
• Staff accommodation
• Transport to and from work
• Fully funded return flights home
We are asking that interested candidates before applying to first do some research on working in Qatar – here are some links with useful information:
We are only accepting skilled hospitality professional with experience in the above role; once received if qualified, you will be contacted.